29 March 2015

MINI MAKEUP HAUL: Priceline ☆


Hi hi, I'm back with a mini makeup haul! Although it's nothing much, my mum and I did do a lot of damage $$$ wise with what we both bought on the day. Priceline, Australia's version of a drugstore, had another 40% off all makeup event recently and I couldn't not take advantage of it. Today I'll just be going through what I bought for myself though, and maybe give some thoughts on some of the products since I've started using a few already. I've put them in no particular order.


The first thing I gravitated to was my much-loved foundation, the Revlon Colorstay. My shade is 150 Buff and I use the one made for combination/oily skin. It's normally on sale for $35, but it was reduced to $21. If you haven't tried this foundation and you want something with great coverage, then I highly recommend this! I first tried it when I bought it especially for my formal (prom) makeup. I bought it in one shade darker at the time since I thought it was my colour, but I liked it so much that I went and bought another one in the right shade. Since I'm nearly out of my current foundation, I figured I'd pick it up since I had no luck getting it the last time there was a sale on. I normally like to mix it with my bb cream when I do my makeup.


The second thing I bought was this Australis pressed powder in the shade Natural. I've actually heard some pretty good things about this stuff from various Australian beauty gurus on youtube, so I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't really have a good pressed powder on hand and I thought it might be good for travelling since it has a nice mirror and it's quite compact. It's known as quite a cheap drugstore brand, but it has some good quality products in my opinion.


The next thing I got was this Essence 3D eyeshadow in 08 Irresistible Vanilla Latte. I personally think Essence makes some really good stuff for the cheap price you pay. I'm a really big glitter/shimmer junkie when it comes to eye makeup though, so I was really excited when I swatched this eyeshadow in store. I've already used it a couple of times as an all over eyeshadow and inner highlight, and I love it. 101% recommend!


Surprise, another shimmery eyeshadow! This is the Almay eyeshadow in Creme Brûlée. This was another eyeshadow I fell in love with when I swatched it in store. I normally don't pay attention to Almay, but I couldn't resist buying it. It's such a pretty colour, the photo doesn't do it justice honestly. It comes off as a really sheer wash of champagne glittery goodness. Yep, officially in love.


So I promise these pictures are of the same lipstick, the first one came out a lot redder that it actually is unfortunately. The second photo is a lot more accurate in terms of what the colour actually looks like though. Anyway, the next thing I got was the Rimmel London lipstick in 103. I'm sure it has a name, but it's not written anywhere on the capsule. I did already use it the day I got it, so I apologise for the gross picture of the lipstick bullet. It's a really nice dusty pink colour appropriate for everyday use, like a my-lips-but-better shade.


Another thing I bought was the Essence lipstick in 01 Coral Calling. Again, the second photo shows the colour a lot more accurate than the first. It was literally less that $3, how do you say no? It's a really nice coral shade and it's surprisingly quite pigmented. I honestly didn't expect much from it, but it's pretty decent and it leaves a nice sheen on the lips. Definitely something I'd be happy to wear everyday.



The next thing I got was a Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. It's a nice light orange/coral shade, perfect for on the go. I already have 4 other shades from the collection, so I couldn't resist. I love these so much, I still remember when they first came out. My mum also got one in Wild Watermelon which I wanted in the first place, but I figure I can always just borrow it when I feel like it.


The next thing I ended up getting is the Savvy High Shine Lacquer in Walk of Fame. This was technically meant for my mum, but she tried it on after and it ended up looking really unflattering on her skin tone. I'm normally not into these type of liquid formulas, but it's not a bad colour and it doesn't look too bad on. These tend to be a lot more messy in terms of application though.


The last thing I got was an Australis brow tint in the shade Blonde. I've actually been using a Tonymoly browcara, but I thought I'd give this a go since I've seen some Australian people on youtube use it. Since my eyebrows are quite thick and practically black, I've been enjoying tinting them so they don't stand out too much. After trying this brow tint though, I think I've found a great alternative. It is a bit of a hassle to order products every now and then, so it's nice to have a good alternative nearby. It does a really good job in taming and lightening my eyebrows, so overall I'm pretty happy! I just make sure not to overdue the tint or else it looks hella unnatural.

Now I won't need to buy makeup for the next 20 years :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment