25 March 2015

REVIEW: Etude House Lock 'N Summer Face Conditioning Fixer


I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK, HI Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm reviewing the Etude House Lock 'N Summer Face Conditioning Fixer this time. I first saw it being used by a beauty guru on Youtube, but didn't really pay much attention to it until summer came. I wasn't prepared to have my make-up melt off my face again, basically. It's my first time trying one, so I won't be able to compare it to anything unfortunately. I've been using it for over a month now though so I think I have a good idea of how this product adds up.

According to the Etude House website and actual packaging, "This is a makeup boosting fixer that once applied, provides a cool calming effect and perfects long-lasting smooth makeup". While I might be able to testify to the slightly better longevity of my makeup, I'm not so sure about the "cool calming effect" that it's supposed to give.


You get 80ml of product, so a pretty reasonable amount. I've been using it for over a month now, close to 2 months I think, and I still have around 2/3 of it left. Although I don't use it everyday, I usually spray my face with 5-6 pumps.
 
Directions are as follows: Lightly spray before or during makeup for better makeup application and moisture, or last step of makeup fix.
I've actually tried using the spray both under and over my makeup, so whether you spray it under or over, I think it really depends on what sort of look you're trying to go for. Since I have combination/oily skin, I'm normally really oily by the end of the day so I personally prefer to spray my face after I finish putting on my bb cream/foundation and my concealer, then powder at the end. I did notice a lot of creasing especially under my eyes and around my mouth, the few times I tried spraying my face after I did all my makeup. If you're not prone to creasing and want to achieve the dewy look, then you shouldn't have any problems with this.


The bottle comes with a basic spray nozzle. Luckily it's not one those nozzles that spray in one direction, so it's quite decent. Although one spray probably won't cover your entire face, I typically like to spray 5-6 times on my forehead, chin, cheeks and lastly the centre of my face.

Did I mention the smell? It has a really sweet zesty scent, like a mix of lemon, lime and orange. It somehow reminds me of those all purpose sprays you use to clean, but it's quite pleasant. The scent doesn't linger too long either, so it's great for those who are sensitive to smell.

Conclusion:
I would say that this is a pretty decent product. I've noticed that my bb cream/foundation and concealer tends to set a lot nicer whenever I spray this over, and it also gives a nice healthy sheen under my powder which I don't mind at all. I'm not sure if I can say that it prolongs the longevity of my makeup, but my makeup no longer looks as cakey as it used to at the end of the day. It hasn't broken me out at all too, which is a plus! I've never tried using it throughout the middle of day, though I know most sprays can be used to refresh your makeup if you feel like your skin is dry or cakey. As the first ever setting spray that I've tried though, I can safely give this an overall good review.

PROS:
- Refreshing
- Sets makeup nicely
- Gives a healthy sheen
- Prevents makeup from looking cakey
- Pleasant scent

CONS:
- May accentuate fine lines if you're prone to creasing

Would you repurchase?
I probably would to be honest, if I can't find a better setting spray perhaps. I would like to try out other brands after I finish using it up though ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment