3 January 2015

REVIEW: Clio Waterproof Kill Black Brush Liner


I'm reviewing Clio's Waterproof Kill Black Brush Liner this time. I first got it around 2 months ago, but only now am I getting around to reviewing it #slack. I've been using it a lot since then so I can safely say that I really like this product. I was originally on the hunt for a new liquid eyeliner, since I wanted an alternative to the Missha Super-Extreme Waterproof Eyeliner I had been using. After reading many good reviews on it, I thought I'd give it a go.
According to the packaging,
"Brush liner helps you to draw clear eye lines with deep black (Included in Carbon Black) color. It is waterproof and no smudge formula so you can enjoy clear lines for a long time. Flexible brush is easy to draw fine and delicate eye lines without stimulation around eyes."


I actually wasn't aware that the eyeliner came with a makeup cleansing oil when I ordered it online, so I was surprised when I got the package. I haven't tried the cleansing oil yet since I keep forgetting I have it, so I can't say if it's any good. You do get 20ml of cleansing oil and 6ml of eyeliner though, which is isn't bad. I may or may not make a separate review on the cleansing oil, if and when I get a chance to use it.


The eyeliner pen itself is really light and slim, making it really easy to use and manoeuvre. You can also make sure the cap is put on properly, since you need to push it on hard enough to hear a snap. This is something to appreciate since eyeliners in pen or brush form usually tend to dry out much faster if the cap isn't put on properly. Probably one reason why I usually stray away from these sort of products.



Ignore the fact that my hand looks hella scaly ㅠㅠ Moving on, the actual brush tip is super duper pointy, as you can see, which makes it super easy to create crisp winged eyeliner. It's especially ideal for those who like rocking the thinner, more natural liner, though it's just as easy to create thicker lines. I also like that the brush is somewhat flexible, as opposed to some liners that come with a really stiff applicator.

The eyeliner formula itself isn't bad either. Though I've never worn it in the water, I've heard that it's very water resistant and I usually have a hard time rubbing it off the back of my hand, despite running it under water. I haven't had many problems with smudging throughout the day either, so I can safely say that it stays put for a majority of the day, though it may just be my eye primer working its magic.

The finish isn't entirely matte, but not super glossy. The colour is really pigmented too, because who doesn't love a deep black liner?!

Conclusion:
I may have just found the (almost) perfect liquid eyeliner. I love it. I did have a problem with not enough product coming out at first, but the trick is to have it standing upside down, with the brush facing down so it can absorb the liquid liner. Being so light and slim, you can practically take it anywhere with you and the formula is great. After my first horrible experience with pen/brush liners, I was really hesitant about this product but I'm really glad I gave it a try. It's definitely worth all the hype.

PROS:
- Waterproof and smudge proof
- Pigmented
- Sleek packaging
- Easy to use

CONS:
There aren't many, as long as you wipe the brush clean every now and then like advised and make sure the cap is on properly to avoid the brush drying out.

Would you repurchase?
Yes, definitely! I'm probably going to buy it again once I feel like my current liner is running out. I'd really like to try the brown version too, since I've never tried brown liquid eyeliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment