26 December 2014

REVIEW: Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Primer


First of all, I hope everyone had a lovely christmas! I'm finally reviewing Innisfree's No-Sebum Mineral Primer, after much delay. I've had it for a while now so I think it's safe to say I know how I feel about this product. I hadn't used a Korean primer before and I had read some good reviews about Innisfree's No-Sebum line and the primer itself, so I thought I'd give it a go. According to the packaging,
"This sebum controlling primer smoothly refines pores and fine lines as it presents you with a shine-free complexion".
Ever since I started wearing primer under my make-up, I've truly appreciated its purpose and I've never gone back. I've actually forgotten to wear primer countless times by accident, then I've gone to check my face afterwards and realised how patchy my make-up up looks. But by then, it's too late to start over. The moral of this? Primer makes a difference.



The product itself comes in a squeeze tube as pictured, with a little nozzle ideal for controlling the amount of product that comes out. You get 25ml of product, which is quite reasonable honestly since you don't need very much for every application. Forgive my fail attempt at focussing, I didn't realise until I uploaded the photos ㅠㅠ


The actual primer itself is clear and easy blend, leaving a nice satin-like finish much like your typical silicone based primer. I couldn't find the ingredients written anywhere, unless it's the bunch of Korean written on the packaging, that I can't understand #fail.

Directions are as follows: "After your daily skincare routine, apply an appropriate amount and lightly spread onto areas where excess shine is a concern and gently pat to finish."


Probably not the best comparison picture, but you can tell that the primer took away the shine and the fine lines are slightly blurred compared to the side that has no primer. As for smell, it reminds me of the glue sticks you use in school. It doesn't bother me at all though, since the smell disappears after application.

Conclusion:
If anything, I think it's quite comparable to Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser, which I also use from time to time. Both leave a satin-like finish and the texture is very silicone-like. Having a very oily/combination skin type, I can't say that it leaves me totally matte for a prolonged period of time, but it definitely does it's job in smoothing out the texture of my skin and makes my make-up glide on much smoother. I can say that it does leave me looking less shiny than I normally would be without primer, though I can't say much about it's lasting power given that I get so ridiculously oily. From my experience though, primer is definitely a necessity for me and anyone else who wants their make-up lasting longer and looking flawless. Perhaps not the best primer in my opinion, but still recommendable ^^

PROS:
- Gets rid of shine and excess oil
- Helps make-up glide on smoother
- Leaves skin looking matte for a while

CONS:
- Questionable lasting power (Obviously varies on skin type)

Would you repurchase?
Yes, probably. It's a nice cheap alternative that definitely serves some benefits to your make-up. I would like to venture out and try other Korean primers though, in order to compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment