26 September 2014

REVIEW: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum

You'll have to bare with me since it's my first review. Things can only get better, right?

Today I'll be reviewing Innisfree's Green Tea Seed Serum. I actually received it just under a month ago so I've been using it ever since then, but only now have I had the time to write a review. After hearing so many good things about it, it was meejmuse that got me sold. Taken from the Innisfree website itself, this serum is "a moisturizing & nourishing serum with organic green tea seeds from Jeju to fill the skin with suppleness and clarity". It's one of Innisfree's best sellers and just one from the many products in their green tea line.


If you know me, you'll know that I love anything and everything green tea. This therefore caught my eye for obvious reasons. I had never actually tried a face serum before since I've never really thought much about it, so this was a first for me. Winter may have just ended in Australia, but it still gets pretty chilly in Melbourne now and then which only leads to a dry, patchy face in my case. In other words, moisturiser is my best friend.
I was looking to incorporate a serum into my skincare routine that could give me extra moisture, without leaving me oily. I also wanted something I could use both during the day and at night.


The bottle itself has a pump, which is extremely handy. I know some serums come with eye droppers instead. You get 80ml of product, which in my opinion is really good compared to some serums that only give you half the amount for the same price. The lid is also shaped to fit the bottle nozzle. While this is less bulky, it is pretty difficult to clean if it ever leaks, which happened to me once for some reason, due to the shape of it. Other than that, the bottle is sturdy and not a bad size for travelling.


In terms of texture, it almost looks like goo when pumped out but has a quite watery and slimy consistency when it's spread. This therefore makes application really smooth and I find that I don't need very much to cover my entire face and neck. I use exactly one pump day and night and it seems to do the job. It also leaves a nice finish after applied, due to it's light consistency it dries matte and doesn't look glossy or greasy at all. I instantly notice a difference in the way my skin feels after I apply it.

Okay I'm not going to lie, I freaking love the smell of this stuff. I'd actually wear it as perfume, no joke. You could say it smells like citrus, but sweet and refreshing. It may be a bit too overpowering at first for people who are sensitive with smell, but it doesn't seem to linger after it's applied.


The directions are as shown on the packaging. They even provided a usage order which recommends you to use the serum as the first step to your routine. Since my own routine isn't very complicated, I normally use toner after I wash my face, followed by serum then moisturiser.


By the way, was anyone else aware that you could print with soy milk? I definitely wasn't, um. I know Innisfree is actually know to be an environment-friendly and natural company so I'm not really surprised.

Conclusion:
Overall, I really like this product. I've seen slight improvements in the texture of my skin and it feels and looks a lot more healthier as compared to when my skin was quite dry and dull (No thanks to the cold weather). I think it's quite moisturising for a day serum, but perhaps not as moisturising as I would've liked for night. I normally wear makeup during the day when I go out so it gives the right amount of moisture, but I typically look for something more moisturising for use at night. I honestly think it's a good value for money and you get a lot of product for what you pay.

PROS
- Quite moisturising
- No oily residue
- Light consistency
- Soaks up quickly
- Refreshing scent
- Value for money

CONS
- May not be moisturising enough for night
- Scent may be too strong for some

Would you repurchase?
I definitely would! It's a great serum for during the day and even at night, if you're not looking for something overly hydrating. I personally love the way it smells and you get a lot of product in the bottle. Knowing myself though, I'd really like to venture out and try new and different serums for comparison.

1 comment:

  1. Green Tea Serum or Face night serum remove wrinkles and fine lines on face and give radiant glow to the face when applied consistently.

    ReplyDelete