19 August 2015

REVIEW: Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel Mist


Today I'll be reviewing the first item from my mini haul back in July (has it really been than long omg). Introducing the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel Mist. You can find it on the Nature Republic website, though it doesn't offer much information strange enough. If you're familiar with the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel in the tub, which I've also tried, then this is exactly that but in mist form. The tub formula didn't really do much for me honestly, but I was drawn to just how affordable it was and how much product it offered. I find that most mists rarely contain anything over 100ml, so I was surprised to see that this came with 150ml. I wasn't looking for anything in particular at the time, but kept my eye out for any sort of mist I could use to hydrate my face and or use after setting my makeup.


The actual bottle comes wrapped up in plastic


As expected of something that comes with 150ml of product, it's definitely a decent size. Unless you like carrying around a bulky spray bottle around with you, I probably wouldn't recommend this for travelling if you're one to slip in a mist into your bag or purse. There's definitely the option of decanting it into a smaller spray bottle for convenience, so I wouldn't let size stop you from trying this mist if you do decide to give it a go.

The actual product itself is quite hydrating, nothing special, but it does the job quite well. I like to keep it on desk with my other face products, since that's where I normally do my makeup and spend most of my time on in my room. If ever I feel like my face is a bit dry or just needs some refreshing, I spray it all over and it usually does the trick. I also sometimes use it after my face makeup if I'm not using the Etude House Lock 'N Summer Face Conditioning Fixer. While it doesn't exactly prolong the wear of your makeup, I like that it adds a healthy sheen to my face and gets rid of the cakey look people often get straight after doing their makeup. Since it's still winter here in Australia, I've also been digging the semi-dewy look as opposed to all matte.


The nozzle for this mist is your regular spray nozzle found on most spray bottles. I can get pretty picky with nozzles, only because I don't appreciate getting squirted in the face by a single stream of product. While this does do a pretty decent job at covering the whole face in a few sprays, I have noticed that it tends to squirt out random blobs of product together with the actual mist. In other words, you get big droplets of product on your face sometimes. This doesn't necessarily bother me too much though, and it doesn't seem to affect my makeup after I spray it all over. It's just something to keep mind if you prefer something that offers a finer mist.

The scent of the mist itself is definitely reminiscent of the Nature Republic aloe vera tub version, if I remember correctly. They pretty much smell identical. For those who haven't tried the the aloe vera in the tub and have no idea what I'm on about, I'd say this mist smells somewhat citrus-y and really refreshing. I think it's definitely a scent that most people would like.

Overall, it's a really decent mist. For the price and the amount of product that it comes with, I think it's definitely worth a try. The bottle itself is probably not the most convenient in terms of size if you like to carry your mist with you, though you can always pour some into a separate spray bottle. The mist isn't the finest mist too, so you probably wouldn't appreciate this if you're picky with things like that. For a basic hydrating mist though, it definitely does the job. It's refreshing and it also smells good.

Would you repurchase?
For the price and value, I probably would. I haven't tried many mists though, so I'm definitely interested in trying out some different ones out there. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, do you see a difference before and after using it ? Does your skin look dewy ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, do you see a difference before and after using it ? Does your skin look dewy ?

    ReplyDelete